Sunday, June 14, 2009

Festivals and Fun

The beginning of this week we went to the Museum Mile. One day a year for three hours all of the museums along the Upper East Side are free. Attractions, sidewalk chalk, and food. Above is the Guggenheim.


Inside the Museum of the City of New York. It was fun to compare "then" and "now" especially geographically.





Enjoying a free tambourine.




After the Museum Mile, Monica and I headed downtown for girls' night out with Chloe, and Erin. The restaurant was decorated in tons of Tintin (plates, books, and wall decor) awesome!



While waiting for the subway Letty and I spotted yet another city rat. When the train came he just scurried under something for cover. Letty was very concerned he would get ran over. I personally wouldn't have minded. :)




Candy anyone? Our view from inside of Jamba Juice (our date treat).





On top of the world! okay on top of the Empire State Bld. We enjoyed a date night on Friday. My friend Campbell babysat (so nice).





Saturday was spent at the South Seaport Kids' festival. These amazing bubbles looked like compressed bubble bath. They held their shape and drifted up, up and above the buildings.







At Pier 17. The festival location. Such a beautiful part of the city. The lovely person taking our picture forgot about the babes.





Here is one including Gracie.



Enjoying a free concert (everything there was free, so nice) Gordon from Sesame Street was the host (can you believe that guy still is on that show, I mean really he was there when I was little)?




Some of our favorite story characters "brother and sister bear"






Gracie and Elle weren't as excited. When I sat them on the bench they both freaked out! Babies and large stuffed animals don't mix.



Another fun visitor. I love festivals!!




Friday for lunch we met T-man and then went up to his building. It took us 20 min. to get through security, sheesh! But man what a view! Floor 35 of 3 World Financial Center.


One of the sweet moments of sisterly love.


6 comments:

Nanakat said...

Looks like you are finding lots of interesting things to do there.

Someone once told me that they call pigeons "air rats" in New York. So you have the ground rats and the air rats. Lucky you.

Nanakat said...

By the way, "workshop" is my Google identity. (Aunt Kathleen)

Windybrook Spinner said...

I'm so glad you blog. It's awesome seeing all the fun things you are doing. Good job getting out so much. I'm such a home-body. I bet your kids are loving it.

Unknown said...

Wow! What a fun week! I am glad you guys squoze (is that a word?) in a date!

Luke and Mel said...

And the fun continues. Seriously, it never stops. I am getting to the point where I think I should send Luke back to school so we can go have fun adventures too!!! The girls are adorable. Lilly made a cute card for Letty the other day. If I can find it (that is the real question), I'll send it.

Elizabeth said...

So, I think you have already done way more than we did in our entire summer! So fun! So, when you were at the South Street Seaport, you were super close to where we lived. We were basically in between there and T's work (same as Rob's). Miss you guys!