Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lucky Day




The highlight this week was winning Wicked tickets!! This was my fourth, and T-mans fifth time trying for lottery tickets. They sell them for $26.50 amazing deal for Wicked. I was sooooo excited to win! They call about thirteen people each show and that night there were over 200 names in the pile. What is cool though is they told us Letty could put her name in, so she has been trying to get tickets as well :) (even though I told her she could go, she said she just wanted to win tickets) I guess as long as you can write your own name you can put it in. The Harrison's so kindly watched our kids while we headed out to our front row seats. I was worried it may be a bit close but it was really fun being right there looking in the actors/actresses eyes. We could also lean up and see in the orchestra pit! It was so fun, I love Wicked! It is my favorite Broadway. So now we have to try and win Tickets for the Harrison's so they can enjoy the front row.




I saw this cool building as I was waiting for Tim and my friend Campbell. I don't really look up very often which is a shame because I miss seeing spectacular buildings. I pretty much have to keep my head down so as to not have a serious stroller accidents along with stepping in all sorts of unmentionables.




Strolling in C. Park we see this large bull frog chillin' in the grass. I guess I'm always surprised to see creatures in the city, a bonus for walking around so much is that you see things you wouldn't otherwise. Shortly after we had been there a lady came along and decided to pick up this frog with her bare hands and carry it down to the pond... ( a rescue attempt)I thought he looked happy where he was but what do I know?




Conservatory Water. This little pond is where you see people sailing little mini sailboats in the movies. It's also a favorite spot for birdwatchers.




I guess this is what you have to do to retrieve your boat if it gets stuck.




The fun Alice and Wonderland statue. Letty had a grand time climbing all over it.





Had to eat a hot dog at Gray's Papaya! Not really anything special but now we know.





Walking along the esplanade in Riverside Park.



Hello New Jersey! Standing on Pier 1 at the beginning of Riverside Park around 74th.





Friday night date night with Letty. It was so fun to take my little Letty bug on a date.


She wanted to go and ride the Ferris wheel at Toys R Us. Although she was a bit disappointed we didn't get to sit in the My Little Pony car, but ended up in Barbie...she got over it quickly.


So we got caught in a torrential down pour. We had a great time running down the streets in Time Square, we pretty much took a shower out there. I think New Yorkers are afraid of water, you should see how often they pull out the umbrellas. Anyway, someone warned me about Letty getting wet...funny, but as you can she I don't think she minded. Although earlier she was a bit overwhelmed by all of the people as she said "mom I can't see where I am going." She was a little distressed but forgot all about it by the time we made it to the Ferris wheel. Times Square is overwhelming to me sometimes, I can't imagine what it looks like to her.




Had to take a pic of 2009.


It has become a tradition to eat take out with the Harrison's sometime during the weekend. We stepped outside from picking up our Thai and well....this is how we ended up. Rained on again this week! My bag almost ripped. :)


I think they were making a cake. I love pretend, as long as I don't have to be the baby or the dog all of the time.

6 comments:

MHS 2002 said...

Hey, This is Alyssa (Jeniel's pal) I recently found your blog and it is so much fun to see what your family is up to in New York. I didn't realize Tim had finished at BYU. SO this is really random...Wes and I are flying to New York in a couple of weeks to visit his mission and to see the Palmyra pageant...We would also LOVE to see Wicked. Would you be willing to babysit Everett if we were able to ge tickets for the play? We are hoping to go the evening of July 11th. You can post a response at my blog... hawsfamilyblog.blogspot.com
Thanks,
Alyssa

CL said...

SOOOO cool about winning the Wicked tickets! I love reading about your adventures in NY!

The Lovells said...

Hi Cherrybaby I obviously know you but am not familiar with your nickname so if you wouldn't mind enlightening me...hopefully you see this. Thanks.

MHS 2002 said...

Thanks for getting back with me so quickly! We totally understand if your not able to babysit...Long Island sure sounds fun. Maybe there is some in the ward you could recommend to us that would be willing. As far as where we will be staying while in New York...I will keep you posted. We are still working out the details. Thanks again!!
alyssa

Elizabeth said...

Hi! Isn't winning Wicked's lottery the best feeling! I won it once for Rob :) We didn't have friends to babysit though--so we took turns going to the shows by ourselves. (You are lucky!) Don't forget to use Tim's student discount at the Little Mermaid!!! And, go for the side balcony seats at Mary Poppins--a great deal! Loved the shows!

Unknown said...

Wow! That is lucky! Front row x2 in three months. I love all the parks there!