Sunday, June 21, 2009

Some Fun in the little Sun

The summers in NY are full of free concerts for kids in various parks around the city. On Tuesday we went to Madison Square Garden to see Elizabeth Mitchell (a favorite in our home). It lasted one hour which was perfect. We then enjoyed a burger at Shake Shack, so yummy. It was one of the few rain free days we had this week. I don't know if this is happening everywhere else but here it has been raining more often than not. I think it is unusual for this time of year.


I love the fountains here (Madison Square Garden)




Elizabeth Mitchell concert, she has nice, soothing rhythms.





Flat Iron Building next the the garden






A trip to Central Park to see the Reservoir. Apparently this lovely track around the reservoir is not for strollers. We were informed of this as we were taking pics. The man said we could cause someone to pull a hamstring and then would have to pay for the injured person while they were out of work....sheesh!! So kind ;) Lately I've been a bit bothered by comments and looks of an unkind nature that happen more often than they should. Although after today's lesson in Relief Society and realizing that others have met these helpful individuals (someone called them the "co-parents of NY"). It was just nice to here that I was not alone in receiving this kind of treatment. I will try harder to not let it get to me and to find more positive things to focus on. After all lots of people don't say anything, you just remember the ones that do. The lesson was a nice reminder and something I needed to hear.





Enjoying lunch in a little spot of sun after our stroll.




For a mere $39.99 a piece you can enjoy this Ostrich Egg. I didn't realize they were so readily available.





On Saturday night I returned a favor and watched a friend's children. The Harrisons and us were also swapping babysitting this weekend so Elle joined us as well which made a total of 6 girls. We had a good time, and surprisingly it wasn't as crazy as I thought it might be. Here is T-man in the middle of the girl party.



Gracie and her favorite friend Elle. I love these little girls!




Monica babysat on Saturday night while we ate some yum yum Cuban food at a local restaurant and then went to Times Square to see the Broadway "In the Heights." It was a great show to get a local NY feel. It it about Washington Heights and the Barrio. T-Man enjoyed the Latin flavor.




Just a random pic. Our sad attempt to have Gracie use a spoon more. We usually just put food on her tray. If she could speak I think she would say "I was born with hands, why on earth would I use this akward little stick to eat?"


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute Gracie! We have also had lots of rain - crazy! I had a similar experience this week with negative comments - they stick a little harder than the no-comments.

Elizabeth said...

I love your blog posts--they are so exciting!

Luke and Mel said...

More fun! You are brave to let Lettie touch the $40 ostrich egg. I think I would be too scared to let my girls that close. I'm sure we would end up buying the whole basket because we are accident prone. Miss you!

the harrisons said...

you look like you are having such a great time ;)

i love the picture of tim and all of the girls...hilarious!

CL said...

Great quote and picture for Gracie! It made me laugh. Lots to do there and it looks like you are grabbing every opportunity for an adventure. I have never forgotten one "for better or worse" comic strip from 25 years ago...The mom traveling in a plane with a fussy baby kept enduring looks from the man in the seat next to her. He asked the stewardess to take his food try. Then offered to hold her baby so she could eat. The ending thought bubble as she is enjoying her meal: "Every so often, when you least expect it, along comes an angel!"

elyse said...

So fun! I am amazed at how much you are doing and seeing! Rick and I want to come visit you sometime if that's okay. How much longer are you staying in NY? Tell everyone hello for me! Love ya!