Monday, August 31, 2009

Hard to believe

Today is the beginning of the school years for us...how am I this old? Letty's first day of Kindergarten is today, sniff sniff. I am not a cryer but must admit I was teary this morning as I walked my little girl into school. I asked her if she wanted me to take her in "No it's okay mom, I'm fine" Well I would have none of that plus we weren't exactly sure which class was hers from that side of the building so we found it together, and off she went. She was so excited!


She and Daddy get to share their first days of school. It is T's first day of his last year.

5 comments:

Parke Family said...

The first day of school is always hard. I still had a hard time when R started 1st grade this year. I'm sure when she is a teenager I will be happy to send her on her way.

Celeste said...

I'm not cryin. No, I'm not cryin.

-Flight of the Concords

What a sad/fun time for your family!

Luke and Mel said...

She looks adorable, and ready. Luke keeps telling Lilly that he doesn't think she is ready. Then she starts listing all of the things she can do. I have been thinking of you this week, and Isaac. The peace lillies are getting so big.

The Darringtons said...

The start of a new chapter is always hard. I love ya lots. Letty looks so excited.

Randi said...

the start of school is so bittersweet! i can't believe she is that old either! so cute.