We have loved all of the traveling we've done lately but are now enjoying being home after our three week absence. Although coming home means chores, tasks, to do, etc... We started off our travels driving to CA to visit my family. We stayed with my sister for four days and then T-Man and I flew to NJ to secure housing while the kids stayed with Aunt S and Grandma. After our whirlwind three day trip we luckily came home with a place to live in NJ (great schools, great neighborhood, long commute) I guess there is a plus and minus to everything. We then ventured down to Grandma and Grandpa's house for another week. While there we took a little camping trip to a spot I went a lot growing up. It was fun to take my girls fishing and on some nature walks. Next was to drive home to UT late Tuesday night. We left mid-day Wednesday with T's parents and sister to Lake Powell for another 6 days. We had tons of fun visiting with so much family and enjoyed exciting activities.

Snow in June? It's actually salt. We stopped off at the salt flats on the way to CA. It was very chilly out there.


sticker fun in the car.


Bird watching perhaps

Hoping for the big one!

I got lucky and pulled out 4. I was the envy of the campground since the water was so high the fishing wasn't good, most people got no more than one. It was nice to be a celebrity for a while.

me and mom

The girls thought Rose's camper was awesome!

My mom was in charge of the kids at their ward temple day so Letty got to go with Grandma and Uncle Daryl by herself up to Oakland for half a day. She loved it!

Cousin fun

More cousin fun
The beauty of Lake Powell
Afternoon vegging

Gracie and Lou though they were pretty big stuff riding in the boat.

T enjoying knee boarding


After some tears from fear Letty tried kneed boarding which consisted of her holding on while the boat went very slow and Tim hanging on the back. She enjoyed it once she got going, we were very proud of her for trying it.

Some Anasazi ruins we hiked to. It is called "Defiance House". Letty is looking up from a chimney we think. They were pretty cool little houses built of the side of a mountain.
3 comments:
Way to be the fishing queen! Nice pics! I hope the moving preps are going well. I can't believe the next time I see you will be on the east coast. Weird! But, exciting.
Some show I totally missed that you posted... so glad we could be at Lake Powell with you!
Looks like you guys are having a great time traveling before full time work starts! When do you head out to NJ? Good luck with the move!
Post a Comment