Sunday, October 10, 2010

Can't get enough

We can't get enough fall around here. The weather has been so nice and crisp. These pictures are from a recent play group trip to a apple/pumpkin farm. The kids enjoyed the giant pumpkins and the 20 minute hayride that dropped us off at the patch and hay maze. Good times!




T-man enjoyed a quick trip to BYU a week ago, part of American Express campus recruiting. On his flight home I received word that Grandpa Lovell passed away. We were sad the hear the news but it was also a relief since his poor body was suffering, he was 91. So T came home for one day and flew back to Utah to then head up to Idaho where all of his siblings were able to gather for the funeral. I was sad not to go but stayed behind with the kids.

T-man's comments:
My grandpa's funeral was a great family reunion. He left a strong legacy, 8 children, all active in the church, 48 grand children and 96 (soon to be 99) great grandchildren. His father died young and still in his teens to took over the family farm and put his siblings through college. He knew and loved many people through his church service in Idaho and Texas. At least a dozen times as I have met people in various locations, I have been asked if I was related to my grandfather. Each individual would then go on to praise him and tell of how he blessed their life and gave them wise counsel.

The past 10 years his ability to communicate was severely limited from a stroke and while I will dearly miss seeing him, I acknowledge his passing as a mercy from the Lord, especially since his wife is already on the other side. We love you Grandpa!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well said T-man. Those pumpkins are incredible! We are jealous of your beautiful fall!

Anne said...

those pumpkins are amazing! sorry to hear about grandpa lovell.