Sunday, December 18, 2011

the end of a chapter


We are off this week to Brighton, England! We have been busily packing, sorting, and doing daily routine stuff and a little extra.  We enjoyed T-man's work party Friday and Letty got to miss school. :) After the party we headed up to see the tree at Rockefeller Center, it was bigger than I thought it would be (74ft). All in all a great day! 

We have enjoyed our time here. We will miss our little corner of NJ, our great friends, and our ward. You all are invited to come and stay with us in England, we love visitors! Our plan is to return here after we finish this assignment. Wish us luck finishing everything this week. Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Enjoying the ferry on the way to the World Financial Center
                                            
A funny story about Letty's Rudolf antlers.  She and I were leaving the building and her nose blew off, I couldn't grab it fast enough so it drifted into the road and got ran over by a car.  I couldn't help but laugh at the odds of a car hitting that small nose but there were some tears involved.  I dislike balloons for that reason, it always ends sadly.
                                           
Rockefeller Center
a little party I organized so that the girls could have a goodbye party and a mini birthday party for Kendra.  I have awesome friends (thanks for your house Erica, the food that was brought, and all the company)
                               
Santa at our ward party.  Baby can't resist that thick white hair!

5 comments:

K-Rae said...

I can't believe it is here already either. I was wishing all weekend that I had made it up there. I things are getting finished up alright. I'm going to miss you guys so much but I'm excited to see you in England!

CL said...

Wow Sharla- England! Congratulations. I've always thought an international assignment would be fun for a few years. English is a plus :) Good luck with the move and hopefully you'll make more great friends!

Jamie said...

I'm wishing you the very best with everything! I know it's going to be crazy and you'll wonder if everything will work out...but it will. Have a wonderful experience in Brighton - and say "cheers!" to all my favorite people and things over there.

Thinking of you my dear friends!!

Unknown said...

What adventures you have! We are only a little green with enjoy. I am glad you could have some fun in the last crazy week before going. I think you have a typo on your post. It should say "Our plan is to return to Arizona..." :)

Parke Family said...

Good luck with the move!!