Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Welcome to number 32

I finally got around to taking some pictures of our place.  Of course it is a cloudy day so the lighting is lacking...but what do you do?  Our neighbor told us these houses were built about 1903.  We are lucky it has newly been renovated but still possesses some fun charm.  So follow me as I take you on a tour of #32 with all of its 36 stairs (if you can't go out you go up).




 Living room
Living Room
 Entry with its awesome crown molding 
 Dining Room
Dining Room
Fireplace in the dining room.  Most of the other fireplaces are boarded up since the builders didn't put hearths in it's against code to burn in them.  We could take the boards off but there is only one other one that looks this decorative.  Plus baby makes a big mess of herself in them so we decided to leave them alone.

 Kitchen
 Play Room/Guest Room
Bigger Girls Room
 Baby's Room
 Our 3rd floor loft or Rapunzel's room as Letty calls it
 Our room
 The skylight from the loo.  I often hum "chim chimney" while showering :)
 Our odd rock garden.  The landlord wanted no maintenance.  It would have been nicer to just pave it but oh well.
Good bye.  I hope you come and see us soon!

10 comments:

CL said...

Sharla- how fun to see where you're living! It looks like it has a lot of character. Love the bathroom skylight and I would sing that song too! I always loved attic rooms. Enjoy your time there- I'm a bit jealous though I'm sure there are challenges to international living.

Windybrook Spinner said...

It's fabulous! And so light and airy. I love the simplicity as well. Interesting how all the fireplaces have been boarded up, but they are still charming. I hope you are happy there and I wish very much we could come visit.

elyse said...

Looks super cute and cozy! I love the window above your bed. I had a similar one when I was in France... memories. I love how they use every inch of space over there.

Jazzy said...

I hope you know how much I enjoyed this. Thank you for the tour. I miss you. Must communicate soon :)

Jamie said...

Thank you for the tour! It looks really nice! Ours had a lot of similar features (like the skylight in the bathroom), so it reminded me a lot of our time there as well. You make every home lovely :)

Chriss said...

You should watch this great PBS series called "1900 House". It's all about this family living the proper British 1900s experience.

K-Rae said...

Thanks for the tour! It's fun to see your darling house and be able to visualize where everyday life is happening.

Unknown said...

Wow! So charming. I love old homes! Can't wait to see it in person in less than two weeks!!!!

CL said...

Charming place with more furniture and accessories than I expected. Looks comfortable. Thanks for the tour!

Becky and Brandon said...

So Fun! We loved the tour! Jamie is right, brings back fun memories! Cute Place!!!!