Sunday, May 6, 2012

visitors and excursions

We have been very fortunate to have had family come and see us.  It's been a lovely treat.  Pika came on my birthday.  It was very nice to celebrate with her and she allowed Tim and I to go on a little date that afternoon.  Shortly after she returned to her stay in Germany, my sister, her husband and mother-in-law came for a week.  They stayed very busy as they toured London, Paris, and some English sites.  It was really nice to have them here even though it was short.

 Eating dinner at our local pub.  They have awesome pizza.
 T-man went to a lot of work to make me this birthday dessert, it was great!  The picture was an after thought as it would have looked nicer before we dug into it.  It was very sweet of him to make something instead of the easier buying it.  A true labor of love.
 Near Brighton Pier
 Having a tea party on the back steps.
 Windsor castle, where the Queen spends as many weekends as she can.
 J and his Mom
 Windsor Castle
 Oxford is a beautiful city.  Here we are at Christ Church College.
 I kept seeing signs like this, I'm not sure how you find your way around.
 Bridge of Sighs
 I loved the pattern of this gate.  It was part of Bodleian Library (one of the oldest European Libraries)
 I thought these looked like asparagus.
This is what we look like most of the time touring around :)

 My sister and I enjoyed an outing to Arundel Castle.  Luckily we enjoyed a rain free day.
 Watering my kids.  The castle gardens were beautiful!
 Arundel Gardens
 Arundel Gardens
Walking around this castle made it easy to invision living there.

No comments: