Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Unique Trip

T-man and I had quite an exhausting day in London one weekend.  After returning we were discussing our next trip to Paris and trying to figure out how we could leave the kids behind.  He suggested that since he had been before that I go with Letty, it took me a whole two minutes to agree.  We figured Gracie would get tired on the trip and Lyssy wouldn't care but Letty has been asking since we got here when we would see the Eiffel Tower.  So off we went for a weekend trip.  It was so fun and seemed very easy with just her.  It happened to be the weekend after her birthday but I told her not to expect such things in the future it just happens that we live only a couple of hours away from a very famous place.   We seemed to hit all of the major first time to Paris locations between where I had planned to go and the bus tour.  Because of the nature of our trip the pics are quite a  Letty fest.


 Notre Dame
 Notre Dame
 Opposite Musee d' Orsay after our trip inside
 She made me cover her eyes until we reached the tower so she could be surprised, so funny.



 Yum yum macaroons.  I should have taken more pictures of our eats but I was on trip planner mode.
 We did lots of origami on the train.  She received paper and a book for her birthday.

 Being the "Mona Lisa"

 The Louvre
 On the way up to Sacre-Coeur
Voici Paris 
 Double decker carousel 

 Our hotel at the end.  We came out of the subway to find Moulin Rouge, ooops I  thought it was a couple of stops down the metro.  Oh well, it wasn't a bad spot just a weird night crowd which we avoided
The lovely bakery that provided our breakfast and after dinner treats.

5 comments:

Ashli said...

Ok, now I am way jealous! What a fantastic idea and great trip. I'm sure that will be something you both will always remember. It's great that you are so brave to just go it "alone". It looks like you got all the good stuff in. What a way to go out with a bang. Can't wait to hear what your plans are...when you know them :)

Windybrook Spinner said...

What a fabulous trip! How fun you and Letty could do that together.

Jamie said...

I'm so glad that you decided to go to Paris. It seems crazy, but you're *SO* close that it's a shame not to. So fun to have a girls trip - you are a good mama!!

chloe said...

I love this!

CL said...

I didn't see this before our visit to England. What a fun time with Colette!