Sunday, April 13, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things!!

We had somewhat of an uneventful week until Friday. Letty came down with a yucky sounding cough so we decided we'd better take her in to see the doctor before the weekend. He thought she should take a steriod medication to reduce the swelling in her throat. It was decided to give her an oral liquid for four days. The doctor was telling T-man the dose would be 2 teaspoons a day. Letty then piped up and said "but we don't drink tea" She wouldn't drop the point and proceeded to tell him a handful of times that "we don't drink tea." Teaspoon obviously triggered her need to explain what we don't drink. I'm sure the doctor thought we were a bit odd.


Spring has decided to visit us for the weekend so Saturday we took a little hike near our house. It was fun to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine. Of course a short way into our hike Letty needed the bathroom. Her only option was to go outside. She was too afraid to be close to the trail so T-man and her ventured off a bit. I waited on the path. I heard her calling me and I answered. When they met up with me, Letty in a most matter-of-fact voice stated "I could barely hear you mom, your voice was so small." I love how kids use language.


Here is one more Letty story that you have to endure. We have this very interesting chocolate from Isreal that is infused, oddly enough, with pop rocks. It's quite a sensation to eat pop rock chocolate, Letty thinks so too. I told Letty the other day if she finshed her lunch she could have a treat..."ooooh yeah, can I have the chocolate that talks to your mouth." I would have never thought that chocolate could talk to your mouth were it not for her perspective, but I have seen the error of my ways.



Here are some pictures from our excursion.



Say "Hiking"!!!









5 comments:

Kevin N. Turley said...

We had a very similar experience with our "thing one" right before "thing three" was born. We were at the hospital and "Singer" was being asked questions like "Do you smoke or drink alcohol". Thing one answered for her mommy and said "We don't drink the bad stuff. We go to church." We couldn't tell if she was saying it innocently or with a little bit of snobbery (we hope she's still too young for that). Regardless, it was pretty funny (although the nurse just kind of ignored her).

The Maddens said...

Hiking is so much fun. Just don't let them drink lemonaid before you go next time. I guess it doesn't really matter. They always have to go don't they?

Celeste said...

I love the Letty stories! Keep um coming!! Seeing those pictures reminded me of LAST YEAR when we went hiking together! Wow, a lot has happened since then.

Unknown said...

I looked at the beautiful pics your friend took on her website - those turned out soo cute!! I hope you guys are having fun in Cali!

The Wright Stuff said...

Where is this place to go hiking? Rob and the kids would LOVE IT! Collette is hilarious!