Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hair Trauma!

So Letty decided to defy my instructions to not play on the treadmill. She can not turn it on since we hide the key (what kind of parents do you think we are?) We had been babysitting her friend and I ran upstairs to walk them out. I returned just in time to hear Letty’s frantic screams. I ran over and see that her hair is caught in the treadmill!! My first though is great, get the scissors! She had been on all fours making the belt move with her feet and managed to wrap her hair up. I investigated the damage, while K-Rae is clams Letty who is freaking out since she couldn't move her head and our talk about cutting did not help her composure. T-man grabed her hair, yanked and out came most of it. We moved the belt back and forth a bit and she was freed! Traumatic to say the least! Luckily you can’t really tell…I was a bit alarmed at the wad of hair that came out as I brushed it, but she has plenty to hide any that is missing.

Other Events:

Friday night T-man being the great dad that he is decided to have a backyard camp out with Letty. She happened to be quite grouchy so every fun thing we tried to do ended up with crying, whining, or both. Why is it when you try really hard to make something memorable and go out of your way to be "fun" they seem to be in the worst mood and make you question "what is the point?"

Saturday We went and had some family pics taken by my amazing friend. I’m sure, due solely to her abilities, they will be cute. Poor Gracie needed to fall asleep and couldn't and in our rush to leave the house Letty didn’t use the potty. Twice while there she tried to go and couldn't (we were outside, which she thinks is a great place to pee, until it comes right down to it). Regardless it was still fun. It took place in a grassy field full of exciting bugs to examine and fun flowers to pick.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ouch! That brings back painful memories of repelling. Can't wait to see the family pics, I am sure they are adorable!

Amy said...

I saw the pictures on randi's blog they are so cute I love them. Letty sure is fireball and cutie all in one how do they manage that. Can't wait to make bows!

Heather said...

That is so funny, ok not funny but I was reading this and thinking at the same time, that her hair on Sunday didn't look damaged at all. LOL then I read through to the end. I am glad that it turned out ok for you. I saw the pictures also. They look soooo cute. You have a beautiful family!!!