Sunday, May 31, 2009

Meeting Adam and Eve

Our Bishop and his wife are in fact Adam and Eve from the temple movie (the dark haired ones). It was kind of crazy...I guess I just always figured they lived in Utah somewhere. So every Sunday we can be reminded to attend the temple. We had a nice chat with Merrily (not sure on the spelling) or Eve today after church. She recognized our last name as she is from Swan Valley a fellow Idahoan and neighbor. Professionally she is a model, her husband was too but now he is a fashion photographer. This was our second celebrity sighting in two days. We were sitting on a park bench yesterday enjoying some shakes from the Shake Shack with our friends Monica and Mathew(who are also in the MBA program and here on internships) and Monica points to Bruce Willis as he walks not three feet in front of us. We are definitely not in Kansas anymore!


This week Letty earned her reward and got to go on the Ferris Wheel inside of Toys R Us (yes, it is inside the store). She loved it! I also took the girls to a Marionette show in Central Park. I have never seen a marionette show so it was a good time. The length of the show was just about right for Letty but way too long for Gracie. We have had lots of subway fun going to and fro. NYC subways are horrible for kids and strollers, they seriously need to do some updating. Yesterday we enjoyed visiting Manhattan's Children's Museum and we briefly went into the Natural History Museum (all of which are complimentary as part of American Express employment).



On the Ferris Wheel




At the Marionette Show



Monica and Elle (who is a month younger than Gracie)

Peter Pan
Wall Mural painting at the Children's Museum

Children's Museum



Children's Museum



Fun at the Park (it had rained the day before so the sand was nice and sticky) A bath after fun in the park


Letty Kept wanting to be apart of the store displays






She actually surprised some passers by on this one.
A happy and quite moment (it was indeed a moment)



8 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like lots of fun... for the girls at least. Lettie looks older. It was nice talking to you today!

Windybrook Spinner said...

Sounds like you are having a great time. Lettie's hair grows so fast!

Elizabeth said...

Tell me you are not having a blast!!? So, can you get a picture of your bishop and his wife? I am trying to picture them older?? What year was that done? Also, were people swarming Bruce Willis or was it no big deal to passers by?

Renee' P said...

Bruce Willis and Adam and EVe? Wow! What a weekend!
I like the dark haired Adam and Eve the best!!!
Looks like you're having an eventful spring/summer!

CL said...

Wow Sharla- looks like you are having a fun adventure! I'm so glad I found your blog so I can see all the fun you are having.

Luke and Mel said...

So fun! I love that you are living it up. I think I remember my roommate from Ricks telling me that the dark haired Eve was her aunt. I remember seeing her aunts picture when I was picking out my wedding dress. She was modeling veils and Julie was like, oh, that's my aunt. My roommate's name was Julie Anderson (I think). Her married name is Gedge. Funny that I remember her married name better than her maiden. If she has Julie's contact info that would be awesome. Small world. Anyway, we miss you. I totally want to come to New York this summer now. How long are you there again? I should have sent an email. Love ya:)

Jamie said...

Hilarious! I've always wanted to meet adam and Eve! I've wondered how they've aged and everything. DO you think you could take a picture? Hope you don't mind that I found your blog! Looks like you are having fun!

Fowler family said...

That is crazy! I know their real people, but that must be crazy to see them every week now in church :)

What cute pics. That museum looks like so much fun! And your girls just look like they are having an absolute ball!