Sunday, July 26, 2009

Last Weekend in the city (but we still have two more weeks)

T-man finished his "BIG" presentation for his internship on Thursday...whew what a relief. We are now realizing that we have just a short time left in the city. Time has gone by fast. We rented a row boat in central park on Saturday, something we have been trying to do since we got here now we can checked it off :)



A turtle spotting during our boat ride.It was a great time but a little warm.




Also on Saturday we went to the Sony Wonder Technology Lab. Letty thought spidey was scary. The museum was a very hands on place, our kind of place.




We love the parks but check out Gracie's hands...filthy.



Queen of the stump! This was after a fall that resulted in scrapes. We have had more than our fair share of blood and cuts this week.

Where is Letty??

Do these pants make my butt look big? What not to wear when trying to minimize diaper bum.







A reason NYC is so cool. These ladies were playing music in Riverside park and let the girls have a turn, so fun.


Gracie did not want to give up the ukulele.


We had a leisurely day on Wednesday. We headed to Lincoln center to run an errand and ate lunch at a little court yard (where we were attacked by pigeons) exciting.Strolled through Central Park and watched a softball game. Letty got way into it, love it! We also stopped on the edge of the park and let someone sketch Letty and Gracie, Letty was in heaven.



Typical daily stuff...


Sitting on the stool just chillin' in front of the mirror.




Rainy days...rain covers are a must here!


Gracie loves getting into this little Apt. size fridge. It used to drive me crazy, but we just embrace it now (she usually just goes and gets her milk).



We built forts on our rainy Tuesday. I am still amazed even as I sit here looking at the rain how much rain we have gotten this summer.

7 comments:

Windybrook Spinner said...

They have both grown visibly older over the summer. You've had such a great experience there it sounds like. Will you have a hard time coming back? Thanks for thinking of me when spotting the yarn shops.

Valerie said...

I love how much you are doing while you're there. I'd just be hiding in my apartment, I'm sure ;) I got your message and I promise I'm not ignoring you, even though it seems like it. I'll call you later this week...

Elizabeth said...

So fun! I hope we'll get to see you before we leave! I want Letty and James to play again! It looks like they've both changed a lot!

Renee' P said...

Oh, I didn't realize that Tim was doing his internship there. I'm silly.
Where will you go now?

Gracie is the CUTTEST chubbiest little girl! I could just squeeze those cheeks! I love the curly hair too. Looks like our Lily will have curly hair too...and a chub!

Luke and Mel said...

Gracie's hair looks blonder! Miss you.

The Darringtons said...

We so want to visit NY with all your blogs. I don't think we would want to live there, but a nice long visit would be great! I love that you are taking advantage of all that NY has to offer. Let me know how dinner goes.:)

Arlene said...

I keep hoping to see you in CASH CAB!