Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas Celebrations

Happy New Year! We feel so blessed to have had a wonderful Holiday season spent with lots family. We enjoyed several Woodbury gatherings full of games, chatting, and plenty of food. We spent Christmas in California which was nice since it had been four years since we spent Christmas there. The arrival of Gracie impeded our last scheduled Christmas trip to Cali. We started from SLC and decided to try a night drive. It wouldn't have been too bad but we hit a LOT of fog. Who knew Nevada could be foggy? T-man did a great job staying away thanks to Dr. Pepper, which kept his unaccustomed body quite alert. We feel happy to be within driving distance of everyone this year, realizing that traveling home from NYC will not be a hop, skip and jump. We love you all! Thank you for filling our year with your light and love.


Letty's dance recital. She was a magistrate this year. Poor thing had suffered from the stomach flu most of the day. She was feeling better by the evening but not great, but I knew if she didn't go she would regret it in the morning.
Santa visiting Letty's classroom.
The Woodbury party, almost complete in attendance.
Uncle N had the magic touch and Gracie fell asleep in his arms.
Curly and Letty singing frosty the snowman (the complete song), they did great!
Mom and baby J (so cute).

Letty gave us our first gifts from her that she got all on her own. Her school had a store where she bought Christmas gifts. She was so excited to give them to us. It was torture for her to wait until Christmas. I received a little Kitten/saucer figurine, not the typical thing I would pick out for myself but I will treasure it forever.


Close family friends. It seems like each year Christmas just keeps expanding into little present parties everywhere.


The Lingerfelt clan in my sister's yard.

A favorite spot of theirs at Grandma's house.


Uncle D protecting Letty from the scary parts of "Night at the Museum" (Letty loved that movie while we were there and watched it more than once :)


The BIG gift, complete with a traditional treasure hunt to find it.


Just checkin on cousin J. Gracie and Letty both loved her. Gracie was also fixated on the boy's green frog boots.


Grandma time.

I have a picture just like this almost in the same part of the house. There is something special about Grandpa's work boots.

3 comments:

Luke and Mel said...

Cute pics. Miss you.

Windybrook Spinner said...

Cute pictures. I'm glad you had such a nice Christmas!

Unknown said...

I am glad we could see you too! Today Lou kept telling me...."Gracie and I rode in the back." I finally figured out that she saw a suburban and was talking about Thanksgiving. We miss you guys!