Friday, October 28, 2011

Isaac


Five! How can that be? Letty has been so excited about Isaac's birthday. I love her seven year old perspective, it makes me happy. My heart is always a bit sad this time of year remembering... I suppose it always will be. I think it would be worse if I wasn't sad because it would feel like I had forgotten. I always want Isaac to be alive in our home so our girls know he was here, even if for such a short time. Letty always says she has a brother and it gets a bit awkward when people clearly don't see him and ask where he is? Oh well, I'm glad she is not as hindered or worried about what others think.

I feel like this experience has changed me and I hope made me better. After his death was a time we all felt like the Lord was carrying us and helped me to know more deeply how much the savior cares for us. I'm grateful for that.

Although loss is such an individual thing I feel like I can relate to those individuals in a way that I don't think I could have otherwise, it's given me some purpose in my experience and I'm thankful. We love you Isaac! We'll miss you always.

5 comments:

Kricket said...

Thinking of you today.

Windybrook Spinner said...

Wow. Five. I definitely think about him when I ponder your family. I was going over middle names of cousins and their children the other day and I was thinking how much I like Isaac Timothy. I was also recently thinking about when Elaine told me he had died and even though that was really sad, it stregthened my bond with her. You sound like you are in better place than you have been in the past about his passing and I am glad. It's amazing the powerful and lasting effect these babies have on us, even when their lives are so short. Lots of hugs.

Valerie said...

His birthday is still on my calendar...Love you Sharla, my friend. Thinking of all of you today.

Jazzy said...

Love you Sharla!

Briawna said...

sharla, i can't even begin to imagine how this still affects your life. my sister just lost her two-month-old daughter two weeks ago. it gives me hope to see that, though difficult, life can go on and that we still can have faith and be sad at the same time. you inspire me.

i hope it's okay that i shared your blog with my sister. i think it's good for her to see how other people grieve, cope, and continue to live their lives and care for their remaining children.