Sunday, March 1, 2009

I SPY

Well...we spied Walter Wick, the creator of the "I Spy" books. He came to campus for the opening of his art display.

It was fun exploring the gallery and hearing him speak about the "making of" his books. He shared some of his secrets such as glueing his items to glass. T and I thought it was fun, but Letty was a little put out that he wasn't calling on her to answer questions she didn't know the answer to :). Meanwhile Gracie was trying to escape (it was geared for kids 8+).



We took advantage of the last free zoo day of the season. It was CRAZY! all of those nutty people trying to take advantage of free stuff ;)

The carousel is the best part, right?

So we went to the park this week and got there a little early, before our friends. There were no other kids there so I was forced to "play". Oh, wow! I don't know when the last time any of you tried to go across the monkey bars or flip on the bars but let me tell you it was exciting! If I had a video I would post it because I looked pretty silly. I must say it rekindled the child in me and I found myself full of energy.

Gracie's favorite thing, right next to trying to get behind the computer desk to play with cords :0


6 comments:

Amy said...

Those girls sure are cute! Looks like your having better weather than us. It's so cold I can't wait for spring.

Valerie said...

You guys have so much fun! Aile too loves the dishwasher. I wonder what's so wonderful about it....maybe just having something low enough to climb.

Unknown said...

I am glad you could make it to the zoo and to see us! I also love the spring weather...just hope it lasts.

Luke and Mel said...

Sounds like you are staying busy and having fun. Utah always seems to have cool things going on.

Mrs. Porter said...

You have such a beautiful family! That's awesome. Love ya, noelani

The Maddens said...

The kids are getting big. We're sure missing the crew that use to be there in Spokane, hanging out and playing games. And missing the sun and warmth. When you guys come up next if you have time, give us a call. We can meet up for a little bit.